MGM Consulting Inc. is a consulting firm of civil engineers and project managers providing site servicing, grading, and stormwater management services to the land development industry. We are a small firm of collaborative team members who work in an open and inclusive culture. Our firm is committed to ensuring a cohesive team working environment to provide our clients with innovative and cost effective site engineering solutions with professional excellence.
MGM Consulting Inc. is currently seeing a full-time Construction Inspector to provide inspection services for multiple sites located throughout Southern Ontario. A successful candidate will have experience in municipal sites located throughout Southern Ontario. A successful candidate will have experience in municipal servicing construction and perform well defined and sometimes difficult inspection tasks to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- – Maintain communication with contractors, stakeholders, and project managers regarding projects,
- – Gather field information during the construction process for translation into revised drawings, record drawings, and completion documentation,
- – Manage field data records, safety records, drawing markups, and testing reports,
- – Ability to interpret construction documents, accurately perform mathematical computations, review and interpret engineering data, and make sound decisions,
- – Assist project managers with contract administration and budget tracking,
- – Aid in the preparation of engineering documents including grading plans, servicing plans, municipal infrastructure plans, road design, and stormwater management designs.
Qualifications & Skills:
- – An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university OR a 3-year civil technology diploma from an accredited college,
- – 2+ years of experience relating to municipal infrastructure project is preferred,
- – Ability to travel to various project locations throughout Southern Ontario is required,
- – Experience with Total Stations and GPS Units is required,
- – Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil3D is required,
- – Knowledge in construction safety standards,
- – Proficiency in Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. is beneficial,
- – Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships with project Owner, Client, and teams from other disciplines,
- Strong organizational, personnel, project tasks, and time management skills.
The successful candidate will be working out of our Milton office located at 555 Industrial Drive. We offer full benefits following a 3-month probationary period. MGM Consulting Inc. provides the freedom and opportunities to grow within your role as your career progresses within the firm.
MGM Consulting Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email a cover letter summarizing your suitability for this position along with your resume to our Office Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org